Wideband versions with superior common-mode current rejection.
1/1 Potted 3 kW Current BALUN for Wire Antennas, Beams or Rotary Dipoles.
” So much more than an of the shelf BALUN “
Mainly intended for feeding wire dipole antennas, multiband trap dipole antennas, rotary dipoles and beams with a feed point impedance between 25 and 100 Ohms.
Drastically reduces coaxial cable sheath currents, thus avoiding RF feedback during transmission.
Ensures that in RX mode, common-mode noise originated in your environment is effectively isolated from the signal path.
Also available as Line Isolator for deployment at any place along the coaxial feedline.
(See further down this website)
1/ Version for wire antennas, with central eye bolt on top, (Suspension on central support recommended) and two side installed eye bolts for strain relief of the antenna wires.
2/ Same version as (1), but without eye bolts, with provisions for installation on the boom of a beam or on a top mast below a rotary dipole.
- Optimized 61 mm diameter torroidal ferrites
- Heat resistant teflon coaxial cable with high breakdown voltage.
- Professional 50 Ohms N-connector or SO239 connector. (IP66 after sealing with self- vulcanizing tape or equivalent).
- Stainless steel M6 antenna connections and M8 Ss eye bolts embedded in resin.
- Shock proof polycarbonate UV resistant enclosure.
- Fully waterproofed (IP68), mechanically stabilized and increased insulation by impregnation and potting with synthetic resin.
- Weight: +/- 500 g.
- Conservatively rated 1/1 UNUN transmission line transformer.
- Operation principle: Coaxial Common-Mode Choke.
- Very high common-mode impedance. (Substantially higher than what’s obtainable with the “beads over coax” approach).
- Max. power:
- 3000W PeP @ VSWR < 2.0/1, (ICAS)
- Frequency range:
- 1.5 to 30 MHz
- Insertion Loss: < 0.05 dB
- VSWR : < 1.2/1 over the specified frequency range.
Price: 96 Euro.
- Option: LOW HF optimized (Mix 31 ferrite instead of Mix 43) : + 6 Euro.
- Option: N-connector instead of SO239 connector : + 6 Euro.
- Option: UL 508A Certified enclosure. For those requiring the best of the best. (Recommended for extreme environmental conditions): + 10 Euro.