Wideband versions with superior common-mode current rejection.
1/1 Potted High Power Current BALUN for Wire Antennas, Beams or Rotary Dipoles.
” So much more than an of the shelf BALUN “
Mainly intended for feeding wire dipole antennas, multiband trap dipole antennas, rotary dipoles and beams with a feed point impedance between 25 and 100 Ohms.
Drastically reduces coaxial cable sheath currents, thus avoiding RF feedback during transmission.
Ensures that in RX mode, common-mode noise originated in your environment is effectively isolated from the signal path.
Also available as Line Isolator for deployment at any place along the coaxial feedline.
(See further down this website)
From August 1st 2018 on, all BALUNs are built into UL508A certified polycarbonate enclosures provided with flanges for convenient installation .
1/ Version for wire antennas, with two side installed eye bolts for strain relief of the antenna wires.
2/ Same version as (1), but without eye bolts, for installation on the boom of a beam or on a top mast below a rotary dipole.
- Optimized 61 mm diameter torroidal ferrites
- Heat resistant teflon coaxial cable with high breakdown voltage.
- Professional 50 Ohms N-connector or SO239 connector. (IP66 after sealing with self- vulcanizing tape or equivalent).
- Stainless steel M6 antenna connections and M8 Ss eye bolts embedded in resin.
- Shock proof polycarbonate UV resistant enclosure.
- Fully waterproofed (IP68), mechanically stabilized and increased insulation by coating and potting with synthetic resin.
- Weight: +/- 500 g.
- Conservatively rated 1/1 UNUN transmission line transformer.
- Operation principle: Coaxial Common-Mode Choke.
- Very high common-mode impedance. (Substantially higher than what’s obtainable with the “beads over coax” approach).
- Max. power:
- 6000 W PeP @ VSWR < 2.0/1, (ICAS)
- 3000 W PeP @ VSWR < 2.0/1 (CCS)
- For ICAS and CCS power definitions, refer to “TECH INFO” tab.
- Deployable frequency range: 1.5 to 50 MHz.
- Low HF variant: optimized for 1,5 – 15 MHz.
- Mid HF variant: optimized for 3 – 30 MHz.
- High HF variant: optimized for 5 – 50 MHz.
- Insertion Loss: < 0.05 dB
- Intrinsic VSWR : < 1.15 / 1 at the frequency range edges.
See also “General Conditions for Safe use of ON7FU Ferrite Applications products” under the tab “LEGAL INFO”.
Price: (Incl. VAT).
Professional type: Internally Coated / Potted : 137 Euro.
Commercial type: Not Coated / Not Potted: 112 Euro.
- Option: N-connector instead of SO239 connector : + 7 Euro.